||[ E-SSchool ] 3rd Lisbon Machine Learning School - "Learning with Big Data"
||01 Mar 2013
||15 Apr 2013
||24 Jul 2013
Call for Participation 3rd Lisbon Machine Learning School -
"Learning with Big Data"
We invite everyone interested in Machine Learning and Natural
Language Processing to attend the 3rd Lisbon Machine Learning
School - LxMLS 2013.
* Application Deadline: April 15, 2013
* Decision: May 15, 2013
* Early Registration: June 15, 2013
* Summer School: July 24-31, 2013
Topics and Intended Audience
The school will cover a range of Machine Learning (ML) topics,
from theory to practice, that are important in solving Natural
Language Processing (NLP) problems that arise in the analysis and
use of Web data.
Our target audience is:
* Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and
* Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and
* Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding
of these subjects.
Features of LxMLS:
* No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is assumed;
* Recommended reading will be provided in advance;
* Includes a strong practical component;
* A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce
the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
* Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions
* Both basic and advanced topics will be covered;
* Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.
List of Confirmed Speakers
LUIS PEDRO COELHO Institute for Molecular Medicine | Portugal
MARIO FIGUEIREDO Instituto de Telecomunicaçoes | Portugal KOBY
CRAMMER Technion, Israel Institute of Technogly | Israel SLAV
PETROV Google Inc. | USA NOAH SMITH Carnegie Mellon University |
USA XAVIER CARRERAS Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya | Spain
CHRIS DYER Carnegie Mellon University | USA MILES OSBORNE
University of Edinburgh | UK KEVIN KNIGHT University of Southern
California | USA SEBASTIAN RIEDEL University College London | UK
STEFAN RIEZLER Unversity of Heidelberg | Germany
Please visit our webpage for up to date information:
To apply, please fill the form in
https://lxmls.wufoo.com/forms/application-form/. Any questions
should be directed to: lxmls-2013_(at)_lx.it.pt.
We are looking forward to your participation!
-- The organizers of LxMLS'2013.
- ELSNET mailing list Elsnet-list_(at)_elsnet.org
- To manage your subscription go to:
[ Search | Events calendar | Deadline calendar