Expert profile: Dr Abdel-Malek Boualem
|[ ID = 1383 ]
||Dr Abdel-Malek Boualem |
||Boualem, Dr Abdel-Malek|
|Job Title ||R&D Project Manager, NLP senior research expert |
||France Telecom Orange Labs |
|Address ||France Telecom Orange Labs - OPENSERV/CONTENT - 2, avenue Pierre Marzin |
|Postal Code ||22307 |
|City ||Lannion |
|Country ||France |
|Phone ||+33 (0) 2.96.05.29.83|
|Fax ||+33 (0) 2.96.05.32.86|
|Mobile ||+33 (0) 126.96.36.199.63|
[@ replaced for spam protection]|
|Languages||English French Italian Arabic|
||Natural language processing
Machine translation (rule-based MT)
Cross-language information retrieval (CLIR)
Multilingual text editing & processing
Arabic language processing
Internationalization and localization of NLP tools
R&D project management
|Photograph||Description or CV|
Malek Boualem in two words:|
- Co-winner of the CNRS/ANVIE prize for scientific research valorization,
(Malek Boualem & Stéphane Harié), 1996.
- Co-author of the MtScript multilingual text editor (Malek Boualem & Stéphane Harié):
- Malek Boualem has given a speech in the French National Assembly about new information
and communication technologies in the framework of the Mediterranean Union
Project, October 2008.
- Member of the Direction board of the ATALA association (2003-2009).
- Member of many scientific committees for national and international
conferences and journals.
- Expert evaluator of many projects submitted to French, European and
Canadian scientific programs.
- Senior research expert in natural language processing, machine translation
and multilingualism in computer science
- Senior research expert in France Telecom Orange Labs research center
- Project manager for many research projects in France Telecom Orange Labs.
- Supervisor of PhD thesis, postdoctoral positions and engineering trainings
in France Telecom Orange Labs.
- Member of several thesis juries in computer science in France and Algeria.
- Engineer degree in computer sciences, Setif University, Algeria, 1986.
- Master degree in computer science, Nice University, France, 1987.
- PhD in computer science (machine translation) prepared at INRIA Sophia
Antipolis and defended in Nice University, France, 1993.
Update your profile
||Last update: 2013-04-03 14:18:51
Visits since 28-08-2008: 5558