Subject: Post-doc position in ASR at the Dept. of Language & Speech,
From: Louis Boves <boves@iris1.let.kun.nl>
To: elsnet-list@let.ruu.nl
 Nijmegen University
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:27:03 +0100 (MET)

 POST-DOC POSITION AT THE DEPARTMENT OF LANGUAGE & SPEECH, NIJMEGEN UNIVERSITY

The Department of Language & Speech offers a two year post-doc position for
research in automatic speech recognition.

The emphasis of the research must be on acoustic decoding.  More
specifically, we are interested in the application of recent results from
research in auditory perception to automatic speech recognition. However,
we want to be able to integrate these results in the 'conventional'
Viterbi search engine found in state-of-the-art real-time HMM or hybrid
ANN/HMM recognizers.  We believe that breakthroughs in ASR are only to be
expected from clever combinations of auditory based acoustic
pre-processing and local distance computation in the search.

The 'Automatic Acoustic Recognition Technologies' (A2RT) group at the
Dept. of Language & Speech consists of some 10 post-docs and PhD students
working on automatic speech and speaker recognition, mainly for telephone
applications.  Individual research projects address topics like feature
transforms for channel normalization, local distance computation, noise
robustness, confidence measures, modeling of pronunciation variation,
spoken language dialogue systems, and text-independent and text-prompted
speaker verification. The group participates in several national and
international research projects and actions.

Additional information on the research activities can be found by
consulting the following WWW sites:

* http://lands.let.kun.nl/

for the Dept. of Language & Speech in general, and

* http://grid.let.rug.nl:4321/PP-TST

for information on the program on Language and Speech Technology funded by the
Dutch Research Council NWO.

We expect the research of the post-doc position that is advertised here to
contribute mainly to the three or four topics at the start of the list.

If you are interested, send your cv, a list of relevant publications and a
concise indication of the research you would like to carry out to

L.Boves@let.kun.nl

It goes without saying that Nijmegen University is an equal opportunity
employer.

Last update: Thu Feb 26 20:36:22 1998 by ELSweb