Subject: Abstract for 3rd International Workshop: Advances in Quantitative
From: Christoph Palm <lary98@bootes.imib.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To: elsnet-list@let.ruu.nl
 Laryngoscopy
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:20:24 +0100 (MET)

Dear colleagues,

in June 1998 the 3rd International Workshop: Advances in Quantitative
Laryngoscopy, Voice and Speech Research will be organized by the Institute
of Medical Informatics, Aachen, Germany. The topics should be attractive
for clinicians with interests in quantitative laryngoscopy, voice and
speech research and scientific groups dealing with  motion-, image-, and
signal processing techniques.

The program committee consists of international
scientists, each of which well known for a particular research field.
We hope to focus on the activities of many international research groups,
working in different subjects.

The deadline for abstracts is fixed to 2.3.1998. So write your
abstract now and join the workshop in June.

You can find further information on the event in the enclosed
"Call For Papers", which is also attached to this mail as Postscript-File.

We look forward to a lively workshop and hope to be able to welcome you
in Aachen next year.

Yours sincerely

Christoph Palm
(Organizing Committee)
|          Dipl.-Inform. Christoph Palm             |
|         ------------------------------            |
|                Institut fuer                      |
|           Medizinische Informatik                 |
|                                                   |
|      Universitaetsklinikum der RWTH Aachen        |
|               D - 52057 Aachen                    |
|---------------------------------------------------|
|   Tel:        +49 241 80 88871                    |
|   Fax:        +49 241 8888 426                    |
|   Email:      cpalm@imib.rwth-aachen.de           |
|   WWW:        http://fili.imib.rwth-aachen.de/    |
|               webpages/MIB/user/cpalm/home.html   |
|						    |
|   WWW - Workshop:				    |
|         http://www.imib.rwth-aachen.de/www/lary98 |
|						    |

--- Final Announcement  &  Call For Papers ---

3rd International Workshop:

      Advances in Quantitative Laryngoscopy,
	Voice and Speech Research

June 19-20, 1998,   Klinikum der RWTH,
                    Pauwelsstr. 30,
                    D - 52074 Aachen

->       Scope of the Workshop

Quantitative laryngoscopy is a research intensive field in
clinicial application of modern computer technology.
Examiner-independent parameters are developed to assist
the diagnosis of voice disorders and organic diseases in
the larynx. Digital image processing techniques for the
analysis of motion, color, and texture in endoscopical video
sequences are developed and combined with acoustic analysis.

The 3rd International Workshop is open for all research groups
and clinicians which are interested in quantitative laryngoscopy
using motion- image- and signal analysis. It will give an overview
of  the state-of-the-art, draw parallels in concurrent concepts,
stimulate the interchange of ideas and explore chances in
diagnostic improvement.

->              Topics

     - Motion, Color, and Texture Analysis
     - Modelling
     - Voice Quality and Acoustics
     - Clinicial Aspects

->           Program Committee

    - Prof. Dr. Dr. U. Eysholdt, Erlangen
    - Prof. Dr. H. Herzel, Berlin
    - Prof. Dr. J.J. Manni, Maastricht
    - Dr. C. Neuschaefer-Rube, Aachen
    - Prof. Dr. Dr. K. Spitzer, Aachen
    - Ass.Prof. Dr. F. Sram, Prag
    - Prof. Dr. I. Titze, Iowa

->          Presentation Format

    - In Oral Presentations (approx. 20 min.) research results can
      be shown followed by a discussion.
    - Posters are discussed in special Poster Sessions. System
      demonstrations are desired, too.

->            Important Dates

      - Deadline for abstracts 	                2.3.1998
      - Deadline for camera-ready papers	1.5.1998

->          Submission Procedures

Summaries of scientific talks, posters and system demonstrations
with max. 400 words should be submitted as email to:

             lary98@imib.rwth-aachen.de

or as ASCII-Textfile on floppy disc to the workshop address
above. They should include the postal and email addresses of the
authors. Please  specify the preferred mode of presentation.

->             Proceedings

Accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings:
Advances in Quantitative Laryngoscopy. They will be available
at the time of the workshop and are included in the registration
fee.

->          Workshop Fee

The workshop fee for regular participants: DM 150,-
It includes the proceedings and coffee in the breaks.

->          Further Information

All information about the workshop are available via internet

         http://www.imib.rwth-aachen.de/www/lary98

Or please contact:

       	Dipl.-Inform. Christoph Palm
       	Institut fr Medizinische Informatik,
	D - 52057 Aachen
       	Tel.: +49 241 80-88871, Fax.: +49 241 8888-426
       	E-mail: cpalm@imib.rwth-aachen.de

       	Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Lehmann
       	Institut fr Medizinische Informatik, D - 52057 Aachen
       	Tel.: +49 241 80-88793, Fax.: +49 241 8888-426
       	E-mail: lehmann@imib.rwth-aachen.de

Last update: Tue Feb 10 10:03:10 1998 by ELSweb