The TERMISTI research centre is attached to the Higher Institute for Translators and Interpreters (ISTI) in Brussels. Its work focuses on two areas: modelling multilingual terminology, and terminotics.
The interests and skills of the TERMISTI team relate chiefly to:
- developing terminological glossaries for highly specialised fields;
- exchanging terminological data, particularly in XML, prepublishing text corpora and determining terminological units;
- devising terminological data base management systems handling conceptual networks;
- modelling multilingual terminology management systems;
- research training in terminology and terminotics.