| Category: ||E-Conf |
| Subject: ||LICS 2003 - Call for Participation |
| From: ||Alex Simpson |
| Email: ||als+lics-junk_(on)_inf.ed.ac.uk |
| Date received: ||14 Apr 2003 |
| Deadline: ||20 May 2003 |
| Start date: ||22 Jun 2003 |
Eighteenth Annual IEEE Symposium on
LOGIC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
June 22 - 25, 2003, Ottawa, Canada
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
(early registration deadline is May 20, 2003)
The LICS Symposium is an annual international forum on theoretical and
practical topics in computer science that relate to logic in a broad
sense. The conference is intended to emphasize the relevance of logic
to computer science.
The program of LICS 2003 features 4 invited talks, 2 invited tutorials,
34 contributed papers, and 14 short presentations.
- Erich Graedel (RWTH Aachen):
"Will deflation lead to depletion? On non-monotone fixed point
- John Harrison (Intel Corp.): "Formal verification at Intel"
- Marta Kwiatkowska (U. Birmingham)
"Model checking for probability and time: from theory to practice"
- John McCarthy (Stanford U.)
"Advice about nonmonotonic reasoning in AI"
- Martin Abadi (UC Santa Cruz):
"Logic in Access Control"
- Benjamin Pierce (U. Pennsylvania)
"Types and Programming Languages: The Next Generation"
The full program of LICS 2003 is available on the conference website
As in previous years, there will be a number of workshops affiliated
with LICS 2003:
- June 21: Probability in AI
Organizer: Doina Precup
- June 21: Typical Case Complexity and Phase Transitions,
Organizers: Evangelos Kranakis and Lefteris Kirousis
- June 26: Logic and Computational Linguistics
Organizers: Gerald Penn and Leonid Libkin
- June 26: Causality in Computer Science and Physics
Organizer: Prakash Panangaden
- June 26-27: Foundations of Computer Security
Organizer: Iliano Cervesato
- June 26-27 Implicit Computational Complexity
Program chair: Anuj Dawar
Pre-LICS Summer School:
The Fields Institute Summer School on Logic and Foundations of
Computation will be held at the University of Ottawa, June 2-20, 2003
For information, see the summer school web site at:
LICS 2003 registration and conference information is now available on
the LICS 2003 website or directly at:
The DEADLINE FOR EARLY REGISTRATION is Tuesday, May 20, 2003.