| Category: ||E-SSchool |
| Subject: ||Deadline today: VISPP SUMMER SCHOOL 2008 |
| From: || |
| Email: ||stefan.werner_(on)_joensuu.fi |
| Date received: ||25 May 2008 |
| Deadline: ||25 May 2008 |
| Start date: ||10 Aug 2008 |
VISPP SUMMER SCHOOL 2008
The Nordic Network on Variation in Speech Production and Perception (VISPP)
will organize its Second International Summer School on Speech Variation in
Kuressaare, Estonia in August 2008. This summer school will focus on
different issues of variability in speech production and speech perception:
- expressive speech,
- multi-modal communication, including engineering approaches from
multi-modal data collection to implementation in a talking agent.
The lecturers of VISPP2008 are:
- John Local (York University, UK),
- Nick Campbell (ATR, Japan),
- Björn Granström with colleagues (KTH, Sweden).
One of the VISPP network's main goals is to establish contacts and promote
cooperation between researchers and Ph.D. students from different countries
and disciplines through workshops and courses. In this spirit, the Summer
School welcomes post-graduate students from any country interested in the
phenomena of spoken language variation and motivated to engage in
open-minded interdisciplinary learning.
Applicants from the Nordic and Baltic countries as well as from
North-West Russia may apply for scholarships completely covering their
participation fees and travel expenses.
* MAY 25, 2008: Extended deadline for
* JUN 02, 2008: Notification of acceptance to the school
* JUN 20, 2008: Deadline for payment of reduced participation fee
* AUG 01, 2008: Deadline for payment of regular participation fee
***** AUG 10-16, 2008: VISPP2008 Summer School *****
Reduced participation fee: 500 EUR
Regular participation fee: 550 EUR
Fees include course material, full board (accommodation in shared
double rooms, meals, coffee breaks), transportation between Tallinn
and Kuressaare, excursion and conference dinner.
Elsnet-list mailing list