ELSNET's mailing list and searchable archive
ELSNET-list is an electronic mailing list, email@example.com
It can be used
to announce events or activities, to post job openings, to discuss issues or
to request information relevant to the natural language and speech processing
communities at large. The list is moderated. Email sent to the list is
relayed to all ELSNET members, and to other list subscribers. The list is a
Mailman list at Utrecht University. Subscription is open to everybody. All messages
are kept in a searchable archive.
- Messages are to be sent directly to the list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The list is moderated, and messages will normally be checked
within one or two working days after their arrival.
- Messages are either rejected (if inappropriate) or forwarded
as they are, so we suggest not to include any
personal requests or messages to us.
- Subject lines and messages should be in English, but you may
add a translation in another language at the end.
- Messages should NOT contain any attachments. Normally
messages with attachments are automatically discarded.
- Messages should NOT be written in HTML as they would
normally be discarded as spam.
- If we receive multiple copies of the same message your
messages will be discarded and the sender will be blacklisted, so
we recommend you to clean up your mailing lists before sending
- Messages should be submitted in the form of emails in plain
ASCII text, properly formatted, with no more than 80 characters
per line. Texts with longer lines are automatically formatted
and will normally look very silly once they are included in the
- Messages will normally be added to the archive in the week
after they have been sent out, so you will not see them here
You can search through the entire ELSNET-List Archive. Just type in
keywords separated by spaces. The system is case-insensitive.
It is also possible to use standard boolean connectives `and', `or' and
`andnot'. Search strings may be arbitrarily complex, for instance:
(natural and (language or speech)) andnot formal
You can also filter the ELSNET-List archive by category. The entire
archive (filtered by category) will be shown if you don't enter any