| Category: ||E-SSchool |
| Subject: ||Call for Participation 1st Lisbon Machine Learning School - "Learning For the Web" |
| From: || |
| Email: ||lxmls-2011_(on)_lx.it.pt |
| Date received: ||17 Mar 2011 |
| Deadline: ||31 Mar 2011 |
| Start date: ||20 Jul 2011 |
Call for Participation
1st Lisbon Machine Learning School - "Learning For the Web"
We invite everyone interested in Machine Learning and Natural Language
Processing to attend the 1st Lisbon Machine Learning School - LxMLS 2011.
* *Application Deadline: March 31, 2011*
* Decision: April 15, 2011
* Early Registration: May 31, 2011
* Summer School: July 20-26, 2011 (right in-between UAI and EMNLP)
Topics and Intended Audience
The school will cover a range of Machine Learning (ML) topics, from theory
to practice, that are important in solving Natural Language Processing (NLP)
problems that arise in the analysis and use of Web data.
Our target audience is:
* Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational
* Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine
* Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding of these
Features of LxMLS:
* No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is assumed;
* Recommended reading will be provided in advance;
* Includes a strong practical component;
* A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the
necessary tools for implementation exercises;
* Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions (view
* Both basic and advanced topics will be covered;
* Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.
List of Speakers
* MÁRIO FIGUEIREDO - Instituto Superior Técnico | Portugal
* KOBY CRAMMER - Technion, Israel Institute of Technogly | Israel
* SLAV PETROV - Google Inc. | USA
* NOAH SMITH - Carnegie Mellon University | USA
* JASON EISNER - Johns Hopkins University | USA
* XAVIER CARRERAS - Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya | Spain
* FERNANDO PEREIRA - Google Inc. | USA
* MILES OSBORNE - University of Edinburgh | UK
* PHIL BLUNSOM - University of Oxford | UK
* JOÃO GRAÇA - University of Pennsylvania | USA
Please visit our webpage for up to date information: http://lxmls.it.pt/.
To apply, please send a brief summary of your research interests (maximum 1
page) along with your CV
mentioning name, country, and affiliation to: lxmls-2011_(at)_lx.it.pt.
We are looking forward to your participation!
-- The organizers of LxMLS'2011.
Elsnet-list mailing list