| Category: ||E-CFP |
| Subject: ||EAMT 2005, 2. Call for papers |
| From: ||Bente Maegaard |
| Email: ||bente_(on)_cst.dk |
| Date received: ||18 Jan 2005 |
| Deadline: ||31 Jan 2005 |
| Start date: ||30 May 2005 |
Second CALL FOR PAPERS
EAMT 2005 Conference, European Association for Machine Translation
10th Annual Conference
30-31 May 2005, Budapest, Hungary. http://www.eamt.org
The EAMT organises a major conference in Budapest, Hungary on 30-31 May, 2005.
This meeting is the tenth in a series of regular events acting as a forum for
the exchange of ideas concerning all aspects of Machine Translation and
computer- aids/tools for translator. The purpose of the EAMT events is to bring
together users, developers and researchers to discuss the latest developments in
For the first time, the EAMT event will be held as a full-scale Conference, with
a larger diversity of topics, and a larger number of expected participants and
The Conference Theme will be: Practical Applications of Machine Translation,
including applications incorporating MT modules, evaluation of existing and new
MT systems, integration and synergy of CAT tools and MT, new approaches in
computer-assisted translation (CAT), issues for developers and users of MT and
translation aids, incl. user experiences, economic aspects of MT.
This Conference also focuses on systems relating to languages of new EU member
countries and beyond, extending the focus to those countries that expect to
join the EU during the next decade.
* We invite submissions as short versions of full papers (6 pages) before 31st
January 2005, by email as attachments in RTF, or plain text, to the programme
chair, bente_(on)_cst.dk, with the words "EAMT 2005 Conference" in the subject
* All papers will be considered for both the oral and poster sessions. (Please
indicate if you intend your paper only for the poster session).
* If you intend to submit a paper for the demonstration session, please submit a
one-page description of the demonstration, along with technical requirements.
* Final versions of papers (maximum 10 pages, DOC, RTF or LaTeX files) should be
sent for inclusion in the proceedings before 10th April.
* Bente Maegaard (chair; CST, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark)
* Viggo Hansen (Zacco A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark)
* Steven Krauwer (Utrecht University, The Netherlands)
* Gábor Prószéky (MorphoLogic & Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Budapest,
* Harold Somers (University of Manchester, United Kingdom)
* Gregor Thurmair (Linguatec, Germany)
Venue and Registration: Details will be available on the web site. Local
organiser is Gábor Prószéky (proszeky_(on)_morphologic.hu), who provides further details.
* Deadline for submissions: 31 January, 2005
* Registration: from 15 February, 2005
* Acceptance notification: 15 March, 2005
* Final papers due: 10 April, 2005
* Early registration deadline: 10 April, 2005
* Conference date: 30-31 May, 2005
-- Bente Maegaard, Director, Center for Sprogteknologi
Univ. of Copenhagen, Njalsgade 80, DK-2300 Copenhagen S
Tel: +45 35 32 90 74, Fax: +45 35 32 90 89
Elsnet-list mailing list